TN's: 2009 J brix "La Belle Rêveuse"

General Wine Discussion (Tasting Notes, Reviews, Info, Etc...)

TN's: 2009 J brix "La Belle Rêveuse"

Postby Phil_Carpenter » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Been a while since I sampled some of Jody & Emily Towe's wines. So thought I'd yank the cork on a bottle tonight.

2009 J brix "La Belle Rêveuse"
Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard fruit, 60% syrah, 40% grenache. When I took the cork out, I knew I was going to be in for a beautiful experience. Dusty fresh strawberries and raspberries shot out the open bottle. Pretty garnet/purple in the glass. Nose has brilliant fruit, savory herbs, smoke, and some sweet notes of oak. Lush mouth feel...consistent notes with nose with a nice acid splash and dried rocks on finish.

This is 100% YUM!! Jody and Emily's wines are the kind of wines that attracted me to Santa Barbara. When I taste them, it brings me back to the first time I went up there and fell in love. Loving the experience tonight.

If you don't know about Jody and Emily, check out their site: http://www.jbrix.com/

Fellow San Diegans who are super passionate about Santa Barbara and wine. Jody and Emily get their fruit from choice Santa Barbara vineyards and make their wine here in San Diego. They have just moved to a new facility and have ramped up production a bit. They make a beautiful riesling, rose, and reds (Rhone blends). You gotta check them out!
Attachments
IMG_1740.jpg
bottle shot
IMG_1740.jpg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Admin for this Lovely Site
Phil_Carpenter
Site Admin

Return to Wine Chat