TN's: 2009 Storm Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir

General Wine Discussion (Tasting Notes, Reviews, Info, Etc...)

TN's: 2009 Storm Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir

Postby Phil_Carpenter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:35 pm

Snagged the last bottle 3rd Corner Encinitas had on the racks. I wanted to hold onto it...but she kept calling me.

2009 Storm Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir
Garnet shimmer...beautiful when held up to light. Smell of underbrush, loam, mushroom, wisp of iodine...with an underlying red fruit purity...strawberry/cherry.

Lively in mouth with a piney, rocky pebble, graphite, slight orange rind on finish. Darker blue fruit with clove in mid to finish.

This wine just keeps poppin' new/different notes every ten to fifteen minutes since it's been open.

Ernst Storm is a truly talented Winemaker that makes this label, and is the Winemaker at Curtis. Specializing in making wines that are in the old-world style. Love what he does with Santa Barbara fruit. If you haven't tried any of his wines, please do! http://stormwines.com/home.html
Attachments
Storm.jpg
bottle shot
Storm.jpg (123.02 KiB) Viewed 2967 times
Admin for this Lovely Site
Phil_Carpenter
Site Admin

Re: TN's: 2009 Storm Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir

Postby Steve Anderson » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Phil - great note! Haven't had a Storm Wine since the Falltactular 2010 event. Will have to try and fix that. Was hoping to see Ernst at the Curtis table at Celebration of Harvest, but I image he was busy with harvest/crush.

Really enjoyed the wines I tasted in 2010 and agree that Storm is one to seek out and keep an eye on.

Cheers!

Steve
Twitter: @tuscanswede
Delectable: Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson

Return to Wine Chat