Paso Garagistes

General Wine Discussion (Tasting Notes, Reviews, Info, Etc...)

Paso Garagistes

Postby wandering wino » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 am

A totally new approach to wine festivals, bringing wine county s together in 805 wine, and just a dash of 707. [url] http://wandering-wino.com/blog/2011/11/ ... garagiste/ /url]
wandering wino

Re: Paso Garagistes

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:10 am

Sean,

Great report! Sounds like it was a lot of fun - always nice to check out the new and/or smaller wineries. Will keep an eye out for some of these, although it sounds like many won't be found outside of SB/SLO County areas yet.

Hope to make it if they do this again next year and also hope some can join Larry and others at the Family WInemaker events to get some broader exposure.

Thanks for the update and intel!

Cheers,

Steve
Twitter: @tuscanswede
Delectable: Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson

Postby larryschaffer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:11 am

A great write up indeed! It was an interesting event for sure, and I love the premise - smaller wineries and labels that are mainly undiscovered in an environment that each can be explored and discovered . . . At the end of the day, I thought the event was pretty good for a first time event but will most likely continue to evolve into something 'better' for consumers and producers over the coming years . . .

I am working with them to do another one located further south in Santa Barbara County. I'd love to get the word out on many of the smaller up and comers here, including Devolet, Matt Brady's stuff, perhaps Dave Yate's Pinot, and others . . . . Will keep you posted.

Cheers!
larryschaffer

Postby Phil_Carpenter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Larry, I heard the venue was spectacular and things went off rather well. Would have loved to be there.

One in SB would PERFECT!! You know I'd be up to help with organizing. You have my phone and e-mail, right? ;)

Matt's stuff, Dave's stuff, Liquid Farm, Peter Hunken's Black Sheep Finds/Holus Bolus, Bratcher, Chanin to go along with you "old stalwarts" (Tercero, Jalama, Storm, New Vineland). That's a tasting right there!

Not sure how much Zotovich and Samsara make...but they'd be great as well.
Admin for this Lovely Site
Phil_Carpenter
Site Admin

Return to Wine Chat