2008 Bratcher Chardonnay

General Wine Discussion (Tasting Notes, Reviews, Info, Etc...)

2008 Bratcher Chardonnay

Postby Steve Anderson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 am

Picked this up at 3rd Corner, Palm Desert...great shop, a bit bigger and more diverse selection than the PB or Encinitas stores. Also a nice Reserve Room with the likes of Marcassin and Scarecrow. But, I digress...

Popped and poured, then enjoyed over three nights. Lovely nose of graham cracker and citrus. On the palate, lemon/citrus, almost like a lemon drop. Very tasty and refreshing, but the lemon over powered the rest of the palate. I enjoyed the wine, but would like to try it again to see if that is the normal profile. I recall tasting this wine at the 3rd Corner Santa Barbara tasting a couple of months ago, but don't recall the lemon being such a dominant factor.

The web site doesn't indicate the vineyard, but it is a Santa Maria appellation. At $23, worth checking out and I would try it again.

Cheers,

Steve
Twitter: @tuscanswede
Delectable: Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson

2008 Bratcher Chardonnay

Postby Phil_Carpenter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:05 pm

Steve, excellent as always.

A revisit sounds like a great idea. I remember loving it. SMV designation makes me think Bien Nacido fruit.

I announced on Facebook SBWT that I talked to Chris Bratcher yesterday, they now have a tasting room in the Lompoc Wine Ghetto. I'll be there for sure on next trip!!

P.S., you really need to get on Facebook. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Admin for this Lovely Site
Phil_Carpenter
Site Admin

Return to Wine Chat