Zotovich Cellars: Day in the Life of a Winemaker

General Wine Discussion (Tasting Notes, Reviews, Info, Etc...)

Zotovich Cellars: Day in the Life of a Winemaker

Postby Phil_Carpenter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Zotovich Cellars had a KILLER event last month called, "Day in the Life of a Winemaker". It entailed going to the Zotovich Vineyard, hang with Winemaker Ryan Zotovich and his Assistant Winemaker, Dan Schuler-Jones, enjoy an authentic "Harvest Breakfast" (breakfast burrito), tour the vineyard, pick some syrah to test, do punch downs, and have a killer lunch. Oh, and taste some KILLER wines (some notes here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56).

I took a boat load full of video. I've been feverishly trying to put it together. I'm still getting used to iMovie. But I have completed part one!

Things to keep in mind:

-I'm still getting used to this flip cam. I tend to forget and lower it, especially when someone is speaking to me.
-I was getting ATTACKED by bees and yellow jackets the whole day. Everyone was laughing at me because I was the only one!! So if the camera darts, I'm swatting!

BIG thanks to Ryan, Brit, and Dan for including us in this very cool event. They did an amazing job of teaching and hosting. I hope they do more events like this.

I also want to thank my friend Sean Kelly of "The Samples" for letting me use his beautiful music. I will post Part II shortly.

Drum Roll....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVGOzKeWcwk
Admin for this Lovely Site
Phil_Carpenter
Site Admin

Re: Zotovich Cellars: Day in the Life of a Winemaker

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 am

Excellent! Sounds like a great day and very informative - looking forward to Part II.

Cheers,

Steve
Twitter: @tuscanswede
Delectable: Steve Anderson
Steve Anderson

Re: Zotovich Cellars: Day in the Life of a Winemaker

Postby Phil_Carpenter » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Hey Everyone!

Got Part II up...PLEASE check it out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFODHPlh ... ideo_title
Admin for this Lovely Site
Phil_Carpenter